Saturday, July 30, 2011

One Wish


If I could have just one wish right now it would be to see you every day.  My life’s choices mean that I’m geographically not so close to you.  I have a wonderful husband here and three wonderful children and I couldn’t be happier.  That is, apart from the fact that there are so many people I love so dearly who I can’t see as often as I would like.  I miss you!
So, this blog is for all those conversations we would have if I was able to pop over for a quick chat, meet you for coffee, have dinner with you, watch our children play together, watch our nieces play netball or our nephews play rugby, go out for a day of shopping, talk endlessly over bottles of wine or go for a walk with you.  Every day conversations about what is happening in our lives right now.  Just chatting and hanging out.
Why don’t I just pick up the phone?  Well, timing is one, and we all get busy.  But quite frankly, I’m not a big one to talk on the phone.  Never really have been, and it’s probably not going to change.   Not because I don’t want to.  I would love to be able to just pop over for a chat whenever I wanted, but I can’t.  And I’m lazy when it comes to picking up the phone (picking up after myself in general is not my strong point either apparently!).
So, this is my way of seeing you every day, so I don’t feel so apart from you, so you get to see my children grow up, so you can share my life and so I can feel that you are here with me.  Leave me comments; I’d love for you to part of the conversation.
But, yes I will still pick up the phone!

So, if you had one wish right now, what would it be?

5 comments:

  1. It's not an easy question is it. The obvious answer would be to have money. You see I got confused with what payments had to go out this month and ended up doing a double payment of something and then realised that the car had no rego. Good way to blow a budget. I've never done that before. Anywho, money is not my wish. You see, I always feel that things will turn out in the end, if you're smart about it. So my wish....would be to be able to quiten my mind, relax and embrace life for what it is. Maybe then I could feel, fuel and live to my potential and inact my passions. I wish to be able to help heal people and ease their discomforts, guide and reassure them of their place in this cruel world. I realise in order to do this fully I have to tread through the unpleasant water myself so that I can in some way relate with those in need. I wish to be full of colour...that my plexus flooded out an auric rainbow. SCRUFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm one wish, doing this on my phone so it won't be as deep as scruff. Everytime I have thought of this ( blowing out candles, getting ripped off on the wish bone by my older bro, lying on the tramp staring at a clear starry night etc etc) I have first thought about one meeeeellion dollars. Thoughts then race through my head of travelling, building a big house with a pool, nice cars cool clothes and all that.
    Those thoughts last about 5.2 seconds then always and i mean always I wish a new wish. I can be with my family more during the days when I'm at work and
    that I can be with them forever. Family means all of them too.
    Luv Re

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you talking about, I saw you on the weekend? I guess I'm one of the lucking ones... get an ipad and force everyone to get one also - that's my evil plan.

    YOU KNOW WHO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, heart strings torn Re.
    Who wants iPads, Rob's shout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pops wish would be to be able to play sport again, to run 100 yards in 9 seconds and to spend more time with the grandchldren and play things like cricket with them. Our wish would be to bring our family together that we may all be united and together in the eternities - 'Families are Forever' need to make a regular date on Skype so that we can stay in touch. Love you all heaps & bunches Dad & Jinnie xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x