I have a very easy and yummy scone recipe that's always a winner, and one that the Littles can get involved in as well. The recipe actually came from the first season of MasterChef. Here it is:
Date and Lemon Scones
3C Self Raising Flour
2 Tbls Caster Sugar
1C Chopped Dates
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Cream and Jam to serve
- Preheat over to 200C. Line large flat oven tray with baking paper.
- Whisk milk, cream and egg together until well combined.
- Combine flour, sugar, dates and lemon rind in large bowl
- Add milk mixture and stir gently to a soft dough, add a bit more milk if necessary.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough comes together.
- Press dough out to 2cm thick. Cut scones and place onto tray, flat side up. Repeat using remaining dough.
- Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Just in time for Morning Tea. Washed down with a latte or babycino, age depending.