Friday, August 5, 2011

Waiting… Impatiently…

So, we’re building our house.  Heading for a tree change, making our way out of suburbia and into a small country town not far from the outskirts of Melbourne (more on that later).
Construction began at the end of January this year.  We were so excited by the speed of how things were coming along – until we got to lock up and then the fixings stage.  They have 90% of our money now and for the last 3 months they’ve been dragging their arses.  Since Easter they have basically managed to paint and carpet, and in the last 4 weeks have managed to put the garage door and the front door handle on.  Good on ya boys!
I’m getting sick of having the same conversation with hubby everynight while we wash the dishes – it’s starting to get boring.
Anyway – here’s the door that has taken them 4 weeks to put on:


Righto, it’s Friday night, so I’m going to grab a beer and (attempt to) watch some footy with hubby.  It’s of the oval field, bouncing ball variety (go figure).  I’ll most likely have some reading material with me, as I smile and nod while hubby talks to me about the game thinking I’m interested.
Happy Weekend
Milina

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, yes the ol' smile and nod. I know that one well. Specially after hearing the same story 3 thimes in a row (literally). Then I get to a point where I feel like saying, yeah ok ok, but I just not that interested.

    That sux! Any reason other than having another job on the go and wanting to get 90% out of someone else.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x