I wasn't sure what it was at the time, but have subsequently found them in abundance on Pinterest and other blogs.
So with today being just a Little M day, the house tidy(ish), washing away, butter chicken in the slow cooker, I got to work.
You need a bit of time for this project. It is an easy one, but quite time consuming.
- 1 and a bit packets of 64 crayons
- Hot glue gun
- Time - about 1.5 - 2 hours to complete
- Start by sorting the colours along the top of the canvas with the tips pointing down. I used the brighter colours from the packets and left the darker ones out.
- Get good quality crayons. I don't think mine were all that great quality, and in parts the coverage on the canvas is not great.
- Do it on a warmer day if possible. I should have done it yesterday, when it was 32 degrees. In typical Victorian style, it was about 16 degrees today, so the melting process took a bit longer that it could have.
- If you are doing it on a warmer day, place the canvas in your the front windscreen of your car. This will start the sweating process and quicken the melting even more.