Thursday, November 3, 2011

Feelings

Since the return of Baba and Deda its been an unwritten arrangement that Little Red and Little Viking spend one night a week with them.  They leave here on a Tuesday morning, Little Red goes to "school" for the day, while Little Viking goes to Baba's.  They spend the night at Baba's and return home early Wednesday evening.  This means I get two days to spend some one on one time with Little M, as well as clean, shop, organise and do all of those other duties that are required from being a "Domestic Engineer".

It's a win-win really.  So come Monday night, why do I feel so guilty??

 Guilt of sending them off and not being around them.  Guilt from feeling that I should be able to have them all the time and cope just fine.  It actually annoys me that I feel this guilt.  If I was a friend saying these things to me, I know exactly what I would be saying back!

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for these two days.  Goodness knows I NEED the break, even though I still have Little M with me.  These times allow me to compose and organise and overall parent better.  I know that they will be loving their time either at school or Baba's.  We all NEED it!   And how I miss them so.  I just wish the guilt would bugger off!

Does it go away? How do YOU let go of it?

Little M has been a bit under the weather these past two days, so its been nice just the two of us (changed days this week because of Melbourne Cup).  When she hasn't been sleeping off her temperatures, we have had more cuddles than we are normally allowed, and nursed a lot more than normal.  It's been special.


And just because, here's a little bit of what we got up to on the cold and rainy Melbourne Cup Day (Man, it rains here a lot!).








Ruby was very rightfully proud she had drawn her own feet and hands!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos and gorgeous kidlets! looks like a fun day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter's HAIR is AMAZING!

    She reminds me of that BEAUTIFUL little girl from 'the curious case of Benjamin Button'.

    Oh, I wanted to comment on your 'about me' page, but it wouldn't let me. But I loved it, LOVED it.

    Good luck with the move to the country. I am trying to convince my husband to do the same. I'm growing tired of busy busy Melbourne with its peak hour traffic, & congestion :)

    Keep us posted :) xx

    So glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Corinne and Cherie.
    Cherie - we made the move to the country about 2 months ago. Thanks for reminding me I need to update my page!
    Thanks for stopping by! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x