Sunday, November 6, 2011

From Pond to Plate in 4.5 hours

It's been a beautiful weekend here.  My shoulders have been sunkissed and I've noticed a few extra freckles on Little Red's nose.

Fishing has been on the agenda for a while, and we've been biding our time until the weather was right.  So today we put off any duties around the house and made our way to the high(er) country. 

We left a little later than planned, as I had mentioned bacon and egg sandwiches, so we had to have one before the journey.  Then we arrived a little more later than planned as we had a wee incident with a lack of petrol in the car.  We didn't run out however; all but 15ml left in the tank.

Anyway, we made it to our destination, The Alpine Trout Farm in Noojee.  Its a beautiful drive to get there, just under 30 minutes for us (sans petrol incidents), and there's not a lot of waiting around before success.  The smell brought back memories of my childhood, catching fresh water crays in the creek by our house.  I knew I was going to enjoy myself.

An outing that will become a regular one.



 






  


  



What did you get up to for the weekend?  I hope it was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x