Friday, January 27, 2012

Besties

The number of kilometers that divide me and my besties range in the thousands.  My besties and my family were the inspiration for this blog.  This was my way of connecting with them more often, feeling like i was near them, and having all of those conversations I wished I could have every day.

But this week, the divide of kilometers closed and we were lucky to have the company of some very special besties.  These are the kind of besties where it doesn't matter how long it has been between drinks, we just pick up right from where we left off. 

The days and the evenings went all too quick as we sat, talked, listened, drank, watched our children play together, laughed, soothed children from the pain of teething, ate, drank some more, woke bleary eyed from non sleeping children, and talked some more.  The house was constantly rowdy and it was a few days of utter perfection.













I am so grateful to you besties.

I miss you already and I can't wait to do it again next time!

Linking with other Gratefuls

4 comments:

  1. Such great photos - i love the dads with the kids on their shoulders - and the 2 kids kissing - too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. My bestie lives 200kms away, and my parents 2,000 kms away. Distance with loved ones is hard, but the catch ups are always such beautiful and happy times, with so many memories to cherish. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, a wonderful thing to be grateful for. I am in the same position as you so completely understand. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You coud be sisters, there is so much joy in your matching smiles! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x