Thursday, February 2, 2012

Comrades

Wow!

What else can I say?  Thank you so much for the supportive comments made here, on facebook and through texts regarding my last post, and also my blog.  I sincerely appreciate every word, every virtual hug, every pat on the back.  I feel so incredibly blessed to have the support that I have.  Not only from Johnny, who does more than I could ever expect, but also from you: family, old friends, new friends - Comrades.

Comradery is the spirit of friendship and community in a group, like the comradery of soldiers at war who keep each other upbeat despite the difficulty of their circumstances.
Who is a comrade? A close friend or a fellow soldier — in other words, someone who comes to mind when you say, "We're in this together." Comradery reflects that same spirit. Comradery is a feeling of trust, a bond created by a shared goal or experience — you don't have to be best friends with everyone in the group to know you have their support.
It's quite amazing and humbling to know that even though our lives are all as hectic and chaotic as they are, when we need it, we are comrades.

These past few weeks have seen a shift in attitudes and expectations, with a return of my mothering mojo.  Like my friend Grasshopper said,  I've consciously embraced the 'this is it, as good as it gets'.  I'm more at peace now with this mothering gig than I've ever been.  It's flippin hard, but I think it's hard, because I'm doing it right.  The "good as it gets" brings me more joy than anything else I have experienced and I wouldn't change a thing (although a full 8 hour sleep wouldn't go amiss!)

My beautiful cousin posted Don't Carpe Diem on facebook a couple of weeks ago.  It came at the perfect time for me.  I'm sharing in the hope that it may resonate with others too.

'Til next time, Comrades!

Milina

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You're beautiful and it brings tears to my eyes. Keep writing and being you....it's inspiring xxx v-diddy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x