Monday, February 13, 2012

Crayon Art...Revisited

Remember when I made this for The Little Vikings Christmas Present?  Well, we had a little incident yesterday.



Ruby has made friends with one of the neighbourhood girls who is 9.  They ride their bikes and scooters around and like to have a chat.  Ruby does most of the talking.

Yesterday Ruby invited her friend in to play.  They were playing in Jenson's room when Johnny went to check on them.  It seems that the piece was taken down, picked at, drawn on, then put back up again.

Now, I know my two had a major part to play, apparently Jenson asked the 9 year old to take the picture down, but should a 9 year old know better to take something off a wall, draw on it, and then replace it?  I expected Ruby to know better, but can understand her forgetting in the excitement of having a friend around. 

I wouldn't know about 9 year olds though. What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Urgh..how annoying! Seems a bit sneaky on the 9 year olds part too. Surely they would know that is the wrong thing to do!? Who am I to know though..I have a 1 year old that has decided taking her nappy off is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, who can resist the cuteness of a wee bare bottom though :) x

      Delete
  2. I have a 1 yr old, 7 yr old, 8 yr old and 11yr old and the three oldest would definately know better than to take something off the wall and draw on it. We had incidences when they were much younger and they quickly learnt that you only draw on paper (and paper put aside for drawing on lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. My twon oldest do have a tendency to draw on ANY paper too.

      Delete
  3. I reckon the 9 year old thought it was ok when the little kids who live there told her it was ok to take it down. She was just being kind to her new friends! They are crayons after all and in kids minds probably not art until its drawn on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Uncle Re, you're probably right xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have taught 9 year old kids and I don't know I don't really see that much difference between them and 5 year old in terms of self control. They maybe socially more mature and aware but otherwise not much difference + all kids have a tendency to regress when they are around younger kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julia. I think they may have the case. We've left the picture up. It has a story now and it's starting to grow on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it better with the graffiti and suggest it does look like a toy. What goes on in the minds of 9 year olds is not always predictable - could have been quite innocently done - I think it's always better to think the best of kids, even when they're making you cross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty. I agree and think it was innocently done. I've come to really like the way it looks now too! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x