Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tag - You're it

I was tagged in a blogger tag game thingy by the lovely Lauren at Sunshine and Green Tea.  It was a little bit exciting for me!  A bit of fun, and a bit of learning, meeting and greeting along the way.  Thanks Lauren!
 
 
 
Here goes:
 
Describe yourself in seven words
: Short, funny, independant, moody, determined, wannabe-runner, kind
 
What keeps you up at night?
: Any one of the Littles.  Most nights we get a visitor in our bed, but we've recently tried putting a stop to that.  Now he comes in once, we take him back to his bed and then he goes to sleep with Ruby.
: Tonight the heat will probably keep me up, I think it's still about 30 degrees.
: Sometimes it's all the stuff I have to get done.  The other night it was thinking about Mila and how when she starts climbing we are going to have to watch her very closely so she doesn't climb up and over the couch and fall onto our concrete floors!  Makes me feel a bit ill thinking about that.
 
Who would you like to be?
: The best ME I can be. 
: The strong me
: The focused me
: The determined and passionate me
: The runner
: The calm and patient me
: The successful me 
: The Mother and wife I have always dreamed of being.
 
What are you wearing right now?
: A sun dress

What scares you?
: My children being sick and there being nothing I can do for them. 
: The thought of loss. 
: Big hairy spiders in my kitchen

What are the best and worst things about blogging?
Best: 
: There are a lot of bests.  First and foremost, it has achieved what it was set up for in the first place - to keep connected to my family and friends that I am so far away from.  Your comments and messages through facebook or on the blog make my day and I appreciate them more than you can imagine.  So thank you for commenting, but even if you don't comment, thank you for reading!
Documenting my day to day happenings has made me look at things in different lights and reflect on things that i may not have had the time to reflect on.  It's also made me take a lot more photo's and I've captured lot more moments than I had been. 
It's also some time for Me!
Then there is this blogging community that is just so welcoming, inspiring, encouraging and supportive.  This group of mothers who you can relate to, "chat" to, and although you've never actually met, you feel like you've known them for a long time.  Although I don't always or often comment ladies, I am reading, taking inspiration and relating
There are so many bloggers who I get inspiration from daily.  Inspiration that I never would have imagined.  From decorating, to fashion, to words, to pictures, to party ideas (hello rainbow party for Mila!), to music, to crafty stuff, to arty stuff, to kids play ideas, to home organisation.  I am all the more armed for being a Mum at home thanks to the daily inspiration
And the recipes! So many amazeballs recipes!  Honestly, who needs cookbooks when you've got blogs.
 
Worst:
: It's time consuming.  It takes me ages to do one post.  This has already taken me about 50 minutes! (I've come back to say this took an hour and a half!)
: It's very distracting!  I have to control myself from checking my dashboard
: There can be a little bit of comparing going on, or maybe thats just me?

The goods by far outweigh the bads, and if you've ever thought about starting a blog I would say DO IT!!  Yes it's scary at first and its sometimes hard to push that Publish button, but it is so worth it!

What was the last website you visited?
The Little Big Company, sorting out some party supplies *cough(and then fb)
 
What is one thing you would like to change about yourself?
That I had 20/20 vision

Slankets - yes or no?
I'm guessing that's those snuggies type things, No!

Tell us something about the person who tagged you
I "met" Lauren and came to her blog through instagram.  Although I'm still new to her, I can tell that she is witty, so caring and kind and pretty handy in the kitchen.  She's a wonderful mumma with three very beautiful daughters, and I look forward to getting to know her better.
Now the fun part continues. I get to tag five bloggers so they can now share ten things about themselves.*
Alisha at Beautiful Life
Tamsyn at Max and Me
Megs at Glamourhood
Erin at Eat Play Bond
 

4 comments:

  1. beautiful milina. you are gorgeous. thank you for your lovely words. they mean so much.

    i want to be all those things you want to be in 'who would you like to be'! and you are damn right about this blogging business being time consuming! i need to have a time limit on posts, otherwise i'd never get anything else done.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yes, time limits are a good idea x

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this, well done!. I was never scared of spiders till last week when a mumma spider decided to have babies in my babies room. The whole ceiling and all of the walls were covered in millions of baby spiders.
    very scary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey babe, loving your blog. Thanks for finding mine. You'll have to let me know where you have moved to (outskirts of Melbs). We're in Balla's XxDani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x