Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Baby Turned One

And we had a wee party.

Just family and a couple of friends.  It never sounds much, but it's always a lot of work. A lot more work than I anticipate.  There is always the last minute rush to get a few things done.  And there is always something forgotten.  This time I forgot the damn blackboard message, and to do my hair, so it just quickly got pulled back.

Regardless, thanks to the help of many, we had the most beautiful day celebrating my sweethearts first birthday.

 
 

At times like these I think about my own Mum and just how she has influenced me.  One thing I have learnt from my Mum is the importance of a can-do attitude.  My Mum is a very talented lady.  But even when she has not done something before, she believes in herself that she is able to do it.  And she does.  I don't quite share the same talents as her, but I admire her attitude immensely and am proud to say that I share that same attitude.  Without it I would not have accomplished many things, and with it, I've loved creating, decorating and admiring my own work for Mila's 1st birthday. 

I am so grateful that I've been raised to know the importance of a can-do attitude, and I hope I, in turn, are instilling it in my own children.

Happy first birthday sweet sweet Mila xxx

Linking up with Bron and more gratefuls at Maxabella Loves.

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! That's a very cute cake and a very cute birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think she's cute too :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like it was a gorgeous party, I love all the little details. Your baby is such a beautiful little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first image milina - it says so much - those eyes!! beautiful shot. oh she is gorgeous. it looks like a beautiful day was had, well done on all the decorations, I don't know what you were worrying about with the pom poms, they look fabulous!! and the cake, it's making me hungry.. I adore the month by month photos along the wall, I had wanted to do that for eliot's birthday.. but ran out of time. I think we all suffer from the underestimation of effort that throwing a small family affair requires! and I am totally crap on facebook - yes, of course, we must meet!! a day trip down to you guys would be fabulous, we will work it out for next term! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just squealed with excitement!! Would love to have you down!
      Oh her eyes! They amaze me, I get lost in them every day. I think it's those eyes that are going to make it difficult for me to wean.
      I threw a couple of crap pom poms away. I'd been folding them the wrong way.
      Xx

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! She looks so cute! Love the pom poms and the cake. I especially like the photo for every month - I am so stealing this for Everly's 1st birthday in June! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jess. The photos are such a nice idea. Hard to pick just one. June will come so quickly!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest baby party I've ever seen!! Totally pinning this. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday beautiful girl! And good job mama! It all looks perfect, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!

    You have done a wonderful job! It looks like it was a beautiful and fun day for all xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x