Monday, June 4, 2012

To Market, To Market

One of the things we love about being in the country is that most weekends there is a local market on.  Sometimes it's just me and one or two of the Little's popping down for some fresh local produce. Other times it's a family affair and we come home with a boot full of locally produced goodies.

Yesterday was one of the latter, and while we didn't buy a fat pig, we were not far off.









We also got two more fruit trees.  We thought we would try again with some bare rooted fruit tree's after this attempt, and bought another pear and nectarine.

Pear, by the way, I apparently pronounce incorrectly.  Ruby yesterday had to ask me what I meant.  Kiwi accent, even my own daughter doesn't understand me!

I hope you all had a good weekend.

Happy Winter x

4 comments:

  1. Local markets are wonderful, it is always lovely to wander around and enjoy the stalls. It looks like you bought some very yummy produce. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum! Wish we had a farmers market close by. That cheese makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love markets too. And btw, that's very funny about the kiwi accent thing. After 11 years, I still pick on my husband for saying bear when he really means beer, pin when he wants to say pen etc....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good market, without a fat pig preferably. I'm always stunned by how much I can spend in such a short stretch of time and space. Makes for a delicious dinner or two when you get home and always feels like money well spent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x