Monday, March 25, 2013

IN THESE SMALL HOURS


:: Easter crafting on sick days home from school
:: More bountiful harvest's
:: "Memi kaka"
:: A standard weekend lunch around these parts
:: Photobombed
:: My boys
:: Studying a cricket we captured

Not much happened around these parts last week with sickness being in the house and all.  I'm happy to say that, apart from the odd cough, everyone is better, and well enough to run around in the dirt outside, enjoying this beautiful Autumn weather.  Although the kids are tiring more quicker than usual, which has meant meltdowns and early bedtimes.

We had a mammoth weekend around the outside of the house, which meant little time for picture taking, bar a few progress shots.  We had 12 cubic metres of roadbase delivered and have started to move that.  Have you ever moved roadbase?  We've done our fair share of shoveling and moving topsoil and mulch, but roadbase!  If this doesn't get me some sexy shoulders nothing will!

I've finally settled on a name for my series of weekly stills that I link up with Emily at the Beetle Shack.  I wanted to name the series something that represented what all of these moments captured mean to me, as snippets of a very normal week, that I would like to look back on someday and smile at their wonder.  When I thought about that, I also thought of a song by Rob Thomas, Little Wonders

Our lives are made
In these small hours 
These little wonders
These twists and turns of fate 
Time falls away,
But these small hours
These small hours 
Still remain

With everything else that moves around us, the chaos, the routine, the school drop offs, the laundry, these moments are how I want to remember our time together.  Our lives truly are made, in these small hours.

As always, linking up with Em at The Beetle Shack

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Milina. I love the title, so fitting!

    I never knew you had a dog?

    And those tomatoes look divine!

    Have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody. Yes, we have a dog. Remi is his name, he's 10, and still just like a toddler. Xo

      Delete
  2. Love the title, love the song, love Rob, love the 'Memi Kaka' shot - classic! Glad to hear you're all on the mend :)

    Have a wonderful week...

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos, those tomatoes look so juicy!

    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love love love your little title :) and your reasoning behind it was so perfect, so touching, so TRUE. beautiful photos, every week you are surprising me more and more xx (and I did read this earlier in the week, but on my ipod and you know how we all feel about tiny typing..)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha the photobombed picture made me laugh, I swear Tom often signs when I stop to take pictures of our food ;)

    LOVE the picture of your boys :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youll have to put a link up to the bread - ours never rises like yours does... looks soo yummy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x