Thursday, June 27, 2013

MOMENTS OF WEAKNESS

Have you ever found yourself crying in the Dr's waiting room?

That was me yesterday.  Crying for my son who was in so much pain and I was helpless to him.

I actually don't know where the tears came from, but once they started, they kept on flowing.  I did have that moment where I thought "Don't cry in front of him, be strong", but I just couldn't.  And when the Dr finally came and saw to us, I could barely even speak.

I could see in the Dr's eyes, he thought I was weak.  Perhaps I was.  But this came on the back of a stressful morning, a stressful few days actually.

Monday evening saw me in the emergency waiting rooms for 3 hours after Mila fell and hit her forehead on the coffee table.  Thankfully stitches were not administered, and the wound was glued back together.

On Tuesday Jenson was showing some quite difficult behaviours.  He was irritable and not coping with much, and also started refusing to go to the toilet, even though he was quite obviously needing to.  He had become scared of urinating, thinking it was going to hurt him.  So he continued to hold it.  He held on from 1pm Tuesday.  I took him to the Dr's on Wednesday morning, with no appointment, hoping for some help.  After many physical and upsetting attempts to get him on the toilet, he was still too scared.  By 11am Wednesday he had still not gone, and instead was squirming his way around the waiting room, tears streaming down his face and screaming with pain.  My heartache for him, and frustrations for and with him boiled over in my own tears.  He wouldn't let me help or console him.

Eventually I was able to cajole him to the toilet, and after some more screams of pain that it was hurting, he couldn't hold it any more.

Can you imagine holding on for 22 HOURS!!

I know that on the scale of illnesses which might upset parents, a potential UTI may be quite low, but yesterday truly broke my heart.


9 comments:

  1. Oh that just sounds horrible!!! What a rough week...... sending you some kiwi hugs x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunty! I hope NZ is treating you well and you're not too cold :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh that just sounds horrible!!! What a rough week...... sending you some kiwi hugs x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a awful few days. Your.not weak at all.no.one likes to see thete children hurt or any child for that matter. I have one boy that has xhronic.kidney disease and worry about him.lots but his little brother I worry about too. Your just being a living caring mum big hugs from.the uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Emma, and for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Excuse spelling alttle man helping me I meant a loving caring mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a really tough week - hope next week is much kinder to you
    I think anytime we cannot help them - big problems or small - can be heartbreaking - especially if they're in pain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mili sounds like you've had a terrible week, our prayers are always with you all, and we pray now for continued health, strength and much love and laughter in your home. Don't worry about what the Dr thinks, he clearly hasn't been in your shoes. Love and hugs all round. Dad & Jinnie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh huni - you poor things. It is so awful watching your little ones suffer in any way at all and a UTI is definitely worthy of tears from both of you. I hope your little man is well again asap and dont you ever be hard on yourself about caring or being emotional when it comes to your kids. Stuff the Drs, you are their mother and you are totally allowed to be like that. Its what makes you a beautiful mum x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x