Thursday, October 24, 2013

BEFORE YOU SPEAK


Last week saw another bout of coughs and colds hit the house.  I knew it was coming.  The 28 degree days, followed by 10 degree days, accompanied by gale force winds were bound to bring it.

A home day was in order.  So as we stayed in our pj's, we pottered about the house, trying to keep warm and quiet.

Ruby wanted to do some writing, and it wasn't long before she asked "Mum, how do you spell necessary?"

As my eyes widened, I replied "That's a big word.  What's it for?"

She then went on to tell me that her teacher had been telling them "Before you speak, Think" and she wanted to write the note up for us.

Before you speak...Think!
:: Is it True?
:: Is it Helpful?
:: Is it Inspiring?
:: Is it Necessary?
:: Is it Kind?

I thought it was brilliant, and some words of wisdom we could all live by.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed. Would you believe I have almost the exact same photo?! ha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect words of wisdom from such a young soul... I honestly think the world would be a nicer place if we listened to the words of babes some times :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful words for a child or any of us to live by xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x