Sunday, January 5, 2014

1/52


"A portrait of my loves, once a week, every week in 2014"

Ruby::  With age has come patience.  She was determined and patient do to her own hair, just as her Aunty had done.
Jenson::  Conversations with his sister.  I see an older boy here.
Mila::  Someone forgot her knickers today.  This is a battle not worth getting into this week.
Johnny::  A quiet afternoon.  Dad's do this so much better than Mum's.

A unintentional triptych this week.  

I have also decided to include my husband in this years project.  I don't have enough photo's of myself with my parents.  Or even enough photo's of my parents when I was growing up.  Can you have enough?  The photo's I do have, I treasure.  One of my brother's made a family album when he was about 11 or so.  It has become a real family keepsake.  The cover has come off, some photo's have been removed.  But we all still love to pour over the pages and retell stories when we see it.

This project has taken on a bigger meaning to me than simply portraits.  This project tells a real story now. Our story. My story.  In thirty years time I'd love my children to be pouring over the pages of the printed versions of these portraits like my parents and siblings do ours.  And I want them to see us, their parents, how we are now.  In our thirties.  Making it day by day.

For the first time in 2014, joining Jodi in her new space; Practicing Simplicity.



4 comments:

  1. Oh that first portrait oh your beautiful redhead... Is like looking into the future for me. Double buns or "two curly wurly balls" as my Matilda calls them are a favourite way to wear her hair. But at not quite yet 4 years old, I still do it for her. All such wonderful captures. The bottom one of the Daddy snuggling is just lovely. Holly.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! You inspired me to join in this year, and I love that you've included your husband. I look forward to your weekly photos! xo, Sarah @movingeastonwest

    ReplyDelete
  3. two curly wurly balls, i love it! thank you for you lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah. It's a great project to carry out. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x