Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Good Intentions

Image taken for, and shared on A Year Of Motherhood

I've been finding it hard to get here lately.  Well, actually, that's not quite right.  It just hasn't been a priority. Not that I don't want to.  I miss sharing my thoughts and our day to day here, and to be honest, I can't quite believe we are already in February.

January was a good month.  After a very hectic, often overwhelming and at times very tense December, January came with the freshness, every and vigour that comes with anything new.  It welcomed me with new focus, new intentions, slow mornings, family days and a lightness that felt good.  So good!

I started the year with intentions.  Not resolutions.  Resolutions are not for me.  Intentions don't have the same pressure as resolutions, and therefore the path to fail.  I can at any time remember my intentions.  Let life flow and then bring myself back to them.

My intentions for this year are all about me, and all about love.  I have had so many synchronicities pulling me in this direction, that the Universe has literally been yelling at me!  I cannot truly love another, without first loving myself wholly.  Accepting myself wholly.  I'm allowing myself more space.  Giving myself the self respect I deserve and working on being love.  I've been practising daily gratitude, which has been a revelation, and I've been meditating regularly, attempting to still the mind.  I'm breathing more, fully and deeply into my belly.  That, in itself, is a great feeling!

The past week, however, has been met with routines and that feeling of being overwhelmed again.  That feeling of having too much on my plate and only wanting to put my attention into my personal pursuits.  These are the days that I need to remind myself of my intentions, and to also accept that there will be tough times. As a very good friend put to me recently "When we accept both light and dark, we find balance".

2014 is going to be a big year for me and my family, and practising daily self love is going to be a big part of this year.

Do you have any intentions, or maybe resolutions for 2014?

2 comments:

  1. Self love is one of my intentions for this year, and beyond, too! It's easy to be selfless and put others before yourself (especially as a parent, I imagine!) though self love, appreciation and respect are virtues we should adopt and practice regularly.
    I'm most trying to focus on living in the present this year, being thankful for the space and time we are in right now - especially as we make plans for our southern migration (Melbourne here we come!) towards the end of the year. I'm taking in the beauty that surrounds us in this beautiful city and sunny state, being thankful for the relationships we have grown here and the memories we have created. It's hard living in the present when such exciting, new opportunities await, yet I'm thankful for this calm and comfort before the big change! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my intentions that I just wrote about on my birthday is taking more time to love. To really be there for people, focus on face-to-face, take time to do meaningful small acts. Balancing life with social media just gets so hard these days and while I love it, I also want to be more than that. I think your intention is fantastic, and self-love is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves. There will always be hard times- that's being a mom, wife, person- but that's where the space and grace come back in to allow yourself to get back on track or just stay off track for a bit. It's so nice when we accept the flexibility of life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x