Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Year Of Motherhood:: August Link Up

So it would appear we've taken a little winter hiatus with the A Year Of Motherhood Linky.
One thing I have been trying to work on this year is acceptance.  Being a Mother is hard job.  We put so much pressure on ourselves to be all things to all people, and to commit, and to be available and to get things done right and to a Pinterest worthy level.

This year I've been trying to let things go a bit more, and to accept that if some things don't get done, well, they don't get done, and that is OK.  Of course there are exceptions, and sometimes things need to get done, and I will need to stress myself out to do it, but just not everything.  Will it matter in 12 months time anyway?

While we were away Jenson turned five.  A big one.  Five is big, right?  I normally make an effort to make the kids a special cake of their request.  This year, we were in a foreign country with different ingredients and no adequate cake baking equipment to hand.  So the cake idea was shelved and instead I made pancakes and we sung happy birthday to Jenson as he blew out five long matches shoved into a fig!  And that is OK!

Tahnee and I would love to see how your Winter of motherhood (or Summer, if you are in the northern hemisphere) is going.

Hit us up with your link below, join us over on our blog or our Facebook page, or use #ayearofmotherhood on Instagram.









1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart.
    I have been in inspired to share my journey with Huntingtons Disease.
    Www.livingwithpassion90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do love hearing from you. x